Interested candidates should email their cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected]
WhatNowAtlanta.com (WNA), Atlanta’s leading breaking news source for openings and closings in restaurants, retail, and real estate, is looking for a full time Editor-in-Chief to run the publication’s day-to-day operation.
Responsibilities include digging up news scoop on what’s moving and shaking in Atlanta’s businesses and deciding what’s newsworthy, conducting interviews with business owners, writing and publishing breaking news stories, sharing the news across WNA’s social media network, etc. This position interfaces with The Oxford Center For Entrepreneurs, WNA’s publisher.
Candidates should be curious, enthusiastic, and resourceful, with a sharp sense of humor.
Founded by Caleb J. Spivak in 2010, WNA is consistently named “Best of Atlanta” by Creative Loafing, Atlanta and Jezebel Magazines.
- Research and write daily breaking news about restaurants, retail and real estate openings, closings, expansions, and renovations in Atlanta’s businesses.
- Manage and grow social feeds including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Monitor performance and growth through Google Analytics.
- Craft daily business leads for Preferred Partners and monthly subscribers.
- Lives in or around the greater-metro Atlanta area.
- Flexible Schedule: there are no set hours but news never sleeps.
- Excellent writing, subbing and editing skills.
- Social media and tech saavy.
- Experienced communicator.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Able to handle high-pressure / stressful situations.
- Experience writing and editing on established websites, blogs and/or publications.
- Great time management and prioritization skills.
- Passionate about food, retail, and being the first to know.
- Confident working independently and productively as a member of a collaborative team.
- Open to sharing ideas, accepting constructive feedback to benefit you, your projects and your team.
- Full of passion, energy and enthusiasm and eager to work in a face paced environment.